EPE is an intensive academic preparation program for those who wish to enter a post-secondary institution (university or college) or study academic English.
Our EPE program not only lets you bypass taking an official English test with many of our partners, it also prepares you to be successful once you start your college or university journey.
EPE is not just about getting into university, it’s also about succeeding, graduating and reaching your goals!
- No IELTS, TOEFL® or any other official English test score needed to gain entry into selected colleges and universities affiliated with SSLC.
- Academic learning and intensive reading and writing practice, including paraphrasing, summarizing and researching.
- Important skills for academic preparation covering all areas reading, writing, speaking, vocabulary, study skills and note-taking.
- Wide variety of college-level curriculum topics covered in each module.
- Feedback, monthly tests and academic counselling to evaluate student progress.
- Monthly school tours and information sessions with a variety of universities and colleges.
- Multi-meaning words / Academic vocabulary
- Education / Science essays
- Summarizing skills
- Internet anonymity
- Note-taking in lectures
- Academic vocabulary / Word families
- Child development / Globalization essays
- Noun and article grammar
- Business case study
- Speaking and seminars
- Word grammar / Academic vocabulary
- Cultural studies / Climate change essays
- Essay development
- Nutrition study
- Developing and supporting arguments
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 61
- TOEIC® 650
- IELTS 5.5 overall (with writing 5.5)
- Completed SSLC Level 4
Any recognized International English language equivalency test score or a pass on our Entrance Exam.
An interview and essay is required.
Program exit level is a SSLC EPE Exit Test score of 65% and 80% in course work.
If a student fails to meet this requirement, they can retake the next available module.
- Locations: Victoria, Vancouver & Toronto
- Duration: 4-weeks, 8-weeks and 12-weeks
- Hours: 26.5 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday to Thursday - 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
- Class Size: 15 Students
- Program Type: Certificate
- Start Dates: Please contact ur Marketing / Student Advising Department