Do you want to improve your communication skills, your presentation skills and your confidence?
Look no further than SSLC’s Power Speaking and Modern Media program!
In this program, you will also learn how the media impacts our thinking and perception of the world, but most importantly you will learn how to use the media as a source of authentic language to improve your spoken communication skills.
- Develop necessary communicative English skills.
- Become a better listener through exposure to a variety of media.
- Gain self-confidence through weekly oral presentations.
- Receive individual fluency and accuracy progress reports.
- Meet individually with your teachers to discuss improvement.
- Gain valuable experience doing a mock panel job interview.
- Write various types of articles for different media.
- Go on field trips or meet guest speakers related to media and power speaking.
- Power Speaking and Introduction to Media
- Popular Culture
- News and Journalism
- Movies and Story Telling
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 45-46
- TOEIC® 550
- IELTS 4.5
- Completed SSLC ESL-SF Level 3 or ESL-SC Level 6
Or, any recognized international English language equivalency test score or a pass on our entrance exam.
No Interview required.
- Locations: Victoria, Vancouver & Toronto
- Duration: 4 or 8 weeks
- Hours: 26.5 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday to Thursday - 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
- Class Size: 15 Students
- Program Type: 4 weeks / 8 weeks (Certificate)
- Start Dates: Please contact our Marketing / Student Advising Department
- Practicum: None