English Through Translation (ETT) is a specialized course that has been developed specifically for Korean students learning English.
It focuses on translating day-to- day language such as slang, idioms and commonly used expressions in order to enhance your understanding of
Along with studies in sentence structure and vocabulary development through article translation, the lessons include audio and video dictation to practice pronunciation and intonation through a period of intense speaking and recording.
- Intensive daily speaking class with a Canadian teacher
- Detailed individual corrections
- Conversation classes with native speakers in small groups
- Wide range of vocabulary, expressions, idioms, slang, collocations and phrasal
- Habits & Behaviour
- Money & Shopping
- Weather & Emotion
- Health & Food
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 40
- TOEIC® 470
- IELTS 3.5
- Completed SSLC ESL-SF Level 2 or ESL-SC Level 5
Or, any recognized international English language equivalency test score or a pass on our entrance exam.
Interview may be required.
- Location: Toronto
- Duration: 4 or 8 weeks
- Hours: 26.5 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday to Thursday - 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
- Class Size: 15 Students
- Program Type: 4 weeks / 8 weeks (Certificate)
- Start Dates: Please contact our Marketing / Student Advising Department