Business English brings students into a modern business environment where technology plays an important role in the day-to-day operations.
Students will learn how to read, write, understand and discuss various business-related topics using newspaper articles, textbooks, podcasts and websites.
SSLC’s Business English program now includes aspects of the Cambridge Business English Vantage Exam.
BEC is internationally recognized and is a qualification that provides practical, everyday English skills necessary for success in an English-speaking working environment and in international business.
- Develop the English Vocabulary needed to describe basic business concepts and procedures.
- Become a more effective communicator within a professional environment.
- Learn to negotiate and conduct meetings in an English-speaking environment.
- Develop the skills needed to communicate in a clear and assertive way.
- Learn aspects of the Cambridge Business English Certificate – Vantage (BEC) exam.
- Work on team projects, collaborate and participate in group discussions.
- Building a Career and Writing Goals.
- Using Technology to Communicate (Speaking and Writing in the Age of Technology).
- Culture and Manners in Corporate Communication.
- Language for:
- Business Travel
- The Creative Language of Advertising.
- Entrepreneurship: Communication for Self-Employment
- English for International Markets / Free Trade
- Understanding Fair Trade / Business Ethics
Students must have either:
- TOEFL iTB® 45-46
- TOEIC® 550
- IELTS 4.5
- Completed SSLC ESL-SF Level 3 or ESL-SC Level 6
Or, any recognized international English language equivalency test score or a pass on our entrance exam. Interview required.
- Locations: Victoria, Vancouver & Toronto
- Duration: 4 or 8 weeks
- Hours: 26.5 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday to Thursday - 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Schedule: Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm
- Class Size: 15 Students
- Program Type: 4 weeks / 8 weeks (Certificate)
- Start Dates: Weekly Intake